These changes can be addressed at the White Horse Aesthetic Clinic through safe, effective, non-surgical treatments.
Age-related issues with the mid-face include:
- Temporal hollowing. This is where muscles and facial tissue descend and the face begins to appear more hollow and angular. This hollowness is often seen in the temple areas, commonly known as temporal hollows. Dermal fillers are an effective treatment for this loss in volume. Restoring volume to the area gives the face a more balanced, youthful facial appearance.
- Bunny lines. These are wrinkles that appear at the side and upper part of the nose that become particularly noticeable when smiling. Botox is often an effective treatment for these lines.
- Hollow cheeks. With age, volume is also lost from the cheeks. Youthful cheeks have greater fullness, and as this disappears, the face takes on a gaunt or even sunken appearance. As with temporal hollowing, the use of dermal fillers can restore age-related loss of volume in the cheeks.
Non-surgical cosmetic reshaping of the nose
Many people are self-conscious about the shape of their nose and believe that the only solution is expensive and intrusive rhinoplasty. However, advances in aesthetic techniques mean that the appearance of the nose can now be addressed without surgery or a general anaesthetic. Issues that can be addressed non-surgically can include:
- Slightly crooked noses
- Small noses that would benefit from building up
- Hook shaped noses that would benefit from straightening
- Mild or moderate bumps on the bridge of the nose
- Mild to moderate drooping of the nasal tip
- Noses that need further refinement after surgical rhinoplasty
- Noses that would benefit from more height, definition and a nose tip
Treatments for the mid-face and nose include: